Dead in a Week (Or Your Money Back)

I'm not saying that black humour will keep you from committing suicide... but it definitely helps.

For a movie whose main idea is assassin assisted suicide, this piece does an okay job of portraying someone's death wish both without being sad and encouraging as well as not being too disrespectful. Meaning I could relate to the main protagonist without feeling edgy like I tend to when watching heavy dark stuff.
This movie is terribly British in the best way. With it's actors - English through and through and dry black humour, so absurd and ironic it's almost like life. To me, a recipe for a great (or at least in this case, kind of decent) comedy.
I got attached to all the characters rather quickly and rooted for them even if their wishes contradicted with each other.
The cohesion of the story and the ambiguity of the open ending were also nice touches.
Over all pretty predictable and simple film worth watching while you wait for you bathtub to fill and procrastinate on finding that old toaster. You will laugh and depending on how much you currently want to kill yourself you might also tear up a little. But you will laugh.

Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat

„Friendship is born at that moment when one man says to another: What! You too? I thought that no one but myself.“
- C.S.Lewis

Follow